PlasmaPen: an innovative technology for rejuvenating the skin without surgery
In the field of aesthetics, the constant search for non-surgical methods to rejuvenate the skin has led to a number of promising advances. Among them, PlasmaPen has rapidly established itself as a revolutionary option for improving the appearance of the skin, without the need for invasive surgery.
What is the PlasmaPen?
PlasmaPen is a medical device used in aesthetic medicine treatments, based on plasma technology. Unlike traditional cosmetic surgery, the PlasmaPen works without cutting or incising the skin. Instead, it uses a pen-shaped tip that generates electrical energy to create a plasma current. This plasma acts on the surface layer of the skin, sublimating the tissue without damaging the underlying layers. This technique, also known as "plasma lifting" or "soft surgery", is particularly suitable for treating various skin problems.
What are the advantages of the PlasmaPen?
- Reduced wrinkles and fine lines: PlasmaPen stimulates collagen and elastin, two proteins essential for the skin's suppleness and elasticity. By encouraging the production of these proteins, PlasmaPen helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Skin firming: By tightening collagen fibres and toning the skin, treatment with the PlasmaPen can improve skin sagging and help firm the skin on the face and body.
- Treatment of pigmentation spots: PlasmaPen can also be used to target pigmentation spots, solar lentigos and melasma, helping to even out skin tone.
- Reduction in acne scars: Thanks to its effect on skin regeneration, PlasmaPen can help reduce the appearance of acne scars.
- Long-lasting results: The results obtained with PlasmaPen are long-lasting and may be visible for several years, depending on the patient's age and natural ageing process.
The course of treatment
Treatment with the PlasmaPen is generally carried out by a professional qualified in aesthetic medicine. Before proceeding, the practitioner will assess the patient's skin and discuss their aesthetic goals. During the treatment, an anaesthetic cream may be applied to minimise any discomfort.
The PlasmaPen is then applied using precise movements to the areas to be treated. The duration of the treatment varies according to the area to be treated and the extent of the skin problems.
After treatment, it is normal to feel a sensation of heat and to see small scabs appear on the skin. These scabs generally disappear after a few days, revealing smoother, younger-looking skin.
PlasmaPen is a remarkable advance in the field of non-surgical aesthetics. By offering long-lasting results in reducing wrinkles, tightening the skin and treating skin problems, the PlasmaPen has rapidly established itself as a popular alternative to traditional cosmetic surgery. However, as with any aesthetic treatment, it is essential to consult a qualified professional to determine whether PlasmaPen is suitable for your specific needs.